Who we are
Our website address is: https://maisonlegal.com.ng.
1. About us
Maison Legal is committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that is provided to us or collected by us during the course of our business and the personal information we receive from visitors to our website.
2. What information do we collect about you and how?
2.1 Business development and business acceptance
We collect personal information about prospective clients and their beneficial owners or controllers as part of business development initiatives and our business acceptance process. The type of personal information we may collect includes name, address, nationality, business interests and employment history. We obtain this information from publicly available open sources.
2.2 Legal services and keeping you up to date with relevant marketing
The type of personal information that we may collect includes current and historical information including your name and contact details (such as your address, email address and telephone numbers) and identifiers such as your organisation, employment history and positions held. We obtain personal information from your IP address and the operating system and web browser that you use to access our Websites. It enables us to identify which organisations have visited our Websites and we use this information to compile statistical data on the use of those sites to help us to improve the user experience.
We use a third party service provider to manage the firm’s contact database and deliver emails to inform you about our services, legal developments and updates and invite you to our events.
If you no longer wish to receive emails relating to our services by email or post, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” option on the email footer or by contacting email@example.com
If you apply for a role or work experience opportunity, or event at the firm you may need to provide personal information. Your application directly to us, or via a recruitment agency, will constitute your express consent to our use of this information. We will use this information to consider your application for a position with Maison Legal. We may also use the information to carry out checks to verify the information provided by you (including reference, background, identity, suitability etc.).
3. How we use your information
We will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows. We will therefore only process your personal information if:
• it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organisation you work for;
• it is necessary in connection with a legal obligation;
• you have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary) to share your information with us; or
• If we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests include the provision of legal services, running the firm’s business and marketing relevant services directly to you.
We may use your personal information to:
• consider whether we can pursue certain business development initiatives;
• comply with our legal obligations to identify and verify the identity of our clients and their beneficial owners;
• deliver legal services to you and/or the organisation you work for, if you are a client;
• run the firm’s business (for example, carry out administrative or operational processes, including recruitment);
• maintain and develop our business relationship with you;
• improve our services and products to you, if you or the organisation you work for are a client or prospective client;
• identify services you may be interested in;
• send you marketing materials and invite you to events;
• monitor and analyse our business; or
• process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. Personal information processed in connection with our business acceptance processes and/or providing legal services will be retained in accordance with the firm’s retention periods.
4. How and why do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with our offices and associated partnerships due to, for example, our shared IT systems and/or cross jurisdictional working on a matter. We use third parties who provide services on our behalf and will share your information with them, for example a technology supplier may have access to your personal information when providing software support, or a company we use for a communications campaign may process the personal information of our contacts for us. We may also have to share your personal information with regulators, government agencies, courts and other third parties.
We may only share your personal information with third parties where you have consented to us doing so (where necessary) or the organisation that you work for has obtained your consent for us to do so (where necessary) and we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, to comply with anti-money laundering or sanctions requirements).
5. Third party sites
Our Websites may contain links to other sites which are controlled by third parties. You should review these other sites’ privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for their use of your personal information.
6. Your rights
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once the firm has received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org