TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site including the use of equipment which is compatible with our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
USER NAMES AND PASSWORDS
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner of all intellectual property rights on our site, and in the material published on it including without limitation text, graphics, logos and software. Users of this website are allowed to view materials contained on this website and/or any portion thereof, pursuant to the following conditions:
• You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference . You must not photocopy or scan any printed copy [or store a copy of it on any server or other storage device connected to a network].
• You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
• Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not delete any copyright or intellectual property notice from any material printed or downloaded.
• You must not license or resell any material downloaded, printed or accessed from our site. You are allowed to use it for non-commercial purposes and in order to update your legal knowledge and stay up to date with legal affairs. You must not use it for commercial purposes without our prior written consent.
• You must not incorporate any material downloaded, printed or accessed from our site in any legal advice or transaction documents.
• You must not in any way suggest that Maison Legal is endorsing any services other than its own.
• You must not:
o use any of Maison Legal’s trade marks or the trade marks of any third parties which are included on the website without express written permission from the owner; or
o display or use a link in a manner that causes this website or any portion of its content to display within a frame, be associated with any advertising or sponsorship not part of the website, or otherwise incorporate website content into a third-party website; or
o alter, block or otherwise prevent display of any content of the website; or
o link to this website if the linker’s website may reasonably be considered to be obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive or malicious, or if the linker’s website infringes any third party rights or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws or regulations.
Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to provide up to date and relevant materials, the commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. They may not reflect recent changes in the law and are not intended to constitute a definitive or complete statement of the law. You may use them to stay up to date with legal developments but you should not use them for transactions or legal advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. We cannot guarantee that all the material on our site is up to date at all times.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site; or
• content supplied by third parties;
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site or in any Publication, in particular the use of any content in the course of giving legal advice or drafting transaction documents.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to hack and/or gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or perform any form of illegal activity on, with or through our site.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Cybercrimes (Prohibition and Prevention etc.) Act 2015. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
LINKS TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page or attempt to bypass any payment or log on screens.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org